Ross-on-Wye is the perfect getaway for a winter wellbeing break – with endless countryside walks, fresh air, beautiful scenery, stunning wildlife and lots of daytrips to surrounding market towns and the Forest of Dean, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Each year the Ross-on-Wye Town Council runs its Winter Wellbeing Giveaway to showcase what we have on offer in our lovely town. This year, launching tomorrow (1 November) one lucky winner will win one night’s accommodation in a river view room at The Hope and Anchor plus lunch or dinner and spa treatments for two at locations within the town. The prize giveaway, worth £300, must be taken in January or February 2024.
Last year’s winner, Teresa Ruddle from Berkshire, enjoyed a pamper weekend with her best friend Sue who lives in Bridgend. The ladies extended their stay an extra night to enjoy a mini break, visiting lots of our local independent shops and cafés and taking in the beautiful riverside. Teresa said that it was just what they both needed to recharge their batteries and she promised that they would definitely return for another visit as they’d enjoyed themselves so much.
Entries to this year’s giveaway can be made on Ross-on-Wye Town Council’s social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) by liking and sharing the Winter Wellbeing Giveaway post and tagging a friend. Entries can also be made by sending a valid email address to firstname.lastname@example.org (one entry per email address).
Even if you don’t win and are looking for ideas for pamper weekends including yoga, pilates, massage therapy, spa days or fitness classes, try the following, all either in or close to the town centre:
- Sarah Mills provides one-to-one yoga and natural movement tuition in the heart of Ross-on-Wye. Her approach combines alignment principles, mobility exercises and embodiment practices, focusingon cultivating awareness, self-compassion, and resilience. Contact Sarah on 07833283617 or email email@example.com.
- EnerG Ross-on-Wye Yoga with Helen – local yogi, Helen, holds a wide range of yoga classes for all abilities including ashtanga, vinyasa flow and yin as well as workshops throughout the year.
- Plantation Villa at Ruxton Hall, just 6 miles from Ross-on-Wye, promises peace and tranquility on their 14-acre farmland where yogis, instructors and wellbeing practitioners offer Ayurveda, yoga, workshops, talks, cooking lessons, meditation and bird watching. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Karen at Paddleboarding Adventures runs yoga classes along the River Wye either on the paddleboard or riverbank. With bases in both Ross-on-Wye and at Mallard’s Pike in the Forest of Dean, it’s the perfect way to unwind – email email@example.com.
- Wye Valley Massage Therapies, located in the centre of town on the High Street, offers a range of treatments including lymph drainage, deep tissue massages, scrubs, reflexology and spa treatments to rebalance and rejuvenate. Therapist, Sarah, is fully qualified in Holistic and Sports Massage therapies and recently gained the Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) practitioner Diploma – call 07584 879680 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Darlisa Thai Massage located on Broad Street in the centre of town has four therapy rooms and provides traditional treatments, foot massage, aromatherapy, hot stone, deep tissue and hand massages as well as waxing treatments. Contact the salon on 07385 766209.
- Beauty treatments and therapies are widely available in the town centre – from facials to lash extensions, microdermabrasion to waxing. Contact The Ross Health and Beauty Centre for facials, leg and back massages and non-invasive skin treatments; Perfect Measure behind the King’s Head Hotel on High Street is popular for manicures, pedicures, hairstyling and tanning; The Beauty Bar on Hill Street has a hair salon plus lash, brow and facial treatments; Heavenly Health & Beauty and Inspirations Hair & Beauty, both on Brookend Street, have a wide range of pamper packages including traditional massage, threading, microdermabrasion and waxing to more technical treatments like skin tightening, fat reduction or if you want to get cheeky, Brazilian Booty Lifts (BBL)!
- Finally, if you fancy combining some healthy fitness classes with your pamper weekend, contact local instructor, Tasha, to book a class. She provides a wide range of pilates sessions plus workout, dance fitness and weights for all abilities to tone up and improve flexibility. Classes take place online or at The Larruperz Centre in Grammar School Close. Contact Tasha at email@example.com or click on Workout With Tasha for more details.